Spring 2018 Session of Education Advocacy for Parents Workshop Series
The Education Advocacy for Parents Workshop Series is designed to help parents become effective advocates for their children by offering information that includes:
- Parent rights under the (IDEA) law;
- Understanding NYC DOE special education programs and services;
- Understanding the evaluation and IEP process;
- Learning about Dispute Resolution Methods and
- Transition to Preschool/Kindergarten; Planning for the transition to Adulthood
Workshops take place from 10 am -1 pm.
To register for these free workshops, call Godfrey Rivera at 212 643-2840, ext. 307 or email at email@example.com.
Education Advocacy Workshop # 1: Tuesday, May 8 from 10AM-1PM
A. Introduction to education advocacy: Getting Informed and using the tools
B. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and parent’s rights