Spring 2018 Session of Education Advocacy for Parents Workshop Series
The Education Advocacy for Parents Workshop Series is designed to help parents become effective advocates for their children by offering information that includes:
- Parent rights under the (IDEA) law;
- Understanding NYC DOE special education programs and services;
- Understanding the evaluation and IEP process;
- Learning about Dispute Resolution Methods and
- Transition to Preschool/Kindergarten; Planning for the transition to Adulthood
Workshops take place from 10 am -1 pm.
To register for these free workshops, call Godfrey Rivera at 212 643-2840, ext. 307 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Advocacy Workshop # 5 : Tuesday, May 22 from 10AM-1PM
A. Section 504
B. Early Childhood Transition: Preparing for Preschool; Preparing for Kindergarten
C. Planning for Transition to Adulthood