Below are the new openings we are hiring for;
- Parent Support Specialist
Parent Support Specialists are some of our most crucial employees. In your role, you'd have several high-level functions. We are currently seeking a parent support specialist to work with primarily Spanish speaking parents of school age and younger children with developmental disabilities in Manhattan. These include:
- Helping the parents of disabled children fight for their childrens' rights in the context of special education planning
- Providing support, education, and mediation to both parents who are struggling with the care of their disabled children
- Leading parent support groups and collaborating with other Sinergia projects to amplify their value
- Documenting your progress on your cases and analyzing data gathered from those and other sources to spot trends and provide better care
- Reaching out to the community at large to spread our message and services to individuals in need.
This position is one that carries many responsibilities, and while the knowledge base of a recent graduate of a Master's program in social work would be sufficient to qualify, this role's associated duties cannot be performed by someone who doesn't have a substantial history of working with the populations we serve. Additionally, while this position can provide extensive validation and pride to the individual who thrives in a high-pressure environment, it would not be ideal for someone who does not consider a packed schedule and difficult clients to be exciting challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working with families of individuals with intellectual developmental disability.
- Proficient computer literacy especially with the Office suite
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree from an accredited social work program, or substantial experience working in evidence based social service practice
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills
- Experience navigating social services, OPWDD and special education
If you do not meet every requirement listed here but you believe you can excel at one or more of the job functions listed above, please don't hesitate to apply and let us know about you.
The starting salary for this full-time exempt position is $40,000 yearly, but we are open to negotiation and can flex upwards for the right candidate.
For consideration, please forward your updated resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out the form below and will contact you as soon as possible.